- Side Effects
- Product Reviews
Microlax Rectal Solution is used to empty the large bowel when constipated, or prior to surgical and diagnostic procedures or in obstetrics prior to delivery. The enema acts as a laxative by softening the stools and by its lubricating properties. This medicine is usually effective in 5 – 15 minutes from use.
Who can use Microlax Rectal Solution?
Microlax can be used by adults and children over 3 years of age.
Product Size: Pack of 4 (5Ml)
How to use Microlax Rectal Solution?
Adults and children over 3 years:
- Twist the seal of the nozzle.
- Squeeze the tube slightly so that a drop of Microlax smears the tip and thus makes insertion easier.
- Insert the nozzle fully into the rectum.
- Squeeze out the contents fully by squeezing the shoulder of the tube.
- Withdraw the nozzle, still squeezing tightly.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant or breast feeding consult your doctor before purchasing or using Microlax.
Common side effects.
Some common side effects include diarrhoea, abdominal cramps or pain.
Sodium Citrate 450 mg / 5 ml
Sodium Lauryl Sulphoacetate 45 mg / 5 ml