Ferrograd Iron Tablets - Iron Supplements (Ferrous Sulphate)
Ferrograd is a range of branded iron supplements available in tablets and they are also available as a combination with Vitamin C in Ferrograd C. Ferrous sulfate provides the iron needed by the body to produce red blood cells.
Product Size: 30 Pack
How to Use
- One tablet to be taken daily.
- Take this medicine before meals on an empty stomach if possible. If Ferrograd Tablets upsets your stomach, take it with or after food.
- Some foods such as tea, eggs and milk may reduce the amount of iron absorbed by the body. Check with the doctor or pharmacist about which foods to avoid.
- Ferrograd Tablets may make your stools darker than usual. This is a normal effect of medicines containing iron.
- If your symptoms have not started to improve after 28 days, you should ask your doctor for advice.
Treatment should not normally carry on for more than 3 months after the iron deficiency has been corrected. Your doctor will advise you when to stop.
Do not take this medicine if you have:
- An allergy to any of the ingredients listed.
- Other problems with iron in the blood (including conditions that lead to iron building up in soft tissues, or problems with red blood cells).
- A stomach ulcer or other stomach or bowel problem.
- Inflammatory bowel disease including ulcerative colitis or regional enteritis.
- Had repeated blood transfusions in the past.
- Anaemia not related to low levels of iron before or are currently having iron injections.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before you take Ferrograd Tablets.
- Allergic reactions which cause difficulty in breathing, fever, swelling of the mouth, lips orskin, severe rashes, itching or stomach pain.
- Other possible side effects:
- Loss of appetite.
- Feeling sick.
- Stomach discomfort.
- Darkening of the stools.
The active ingredient per capsule is: 325Mg Dried Ferrous Sulphate (equivalent to 105mg of elemental iron).