- Side Effects
- Product Reviews
Acnecide is used for treatment of acne and blackheads for the face, chest or back.
Its active ingredient, Benzyl Peroxide, works with a triple action to combat acne;
- Sebostatic - It controls the rate of sebum production on the skin.
- Comedolytic - It prevents the formation of spots,blemishes. & blackheads.
- Anti Baterial - It kills the bacteria associated with acne on the skin.
How to Use
Adults and Children:
After washing with a mild cleanser and water, apply once or twice daily or as directed to the affected areas.
- For external use only
- This product should be kept from contact with eyes, mouth, angles of the nose or mucous membranes. If accidental contact occurs, rinse with water.
- Benzoyl peroxide should not be used during extensive exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet light.
- Fair-skinned individuals are likely to be particularly susceptible to irritation.
- Acnecide may bleach hair and coloured fabrics.
- Due to the risk of sensitisation Acnecide gel should not be applied to damaged skin.
Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect. Acnecide may cause;
- Dry skin
- Stinging and redness
- Skin irritation
Benzoyl Peroxide 5% w/w
Seems to be working even only using it few days so far.
I find Acnecide an effective treatment in preventing acne when used on a regular basis. I use it as an alternative to Duac Gel.