Glycerol 1g Suppositories For Infants - 12 Pack
Glycerol 1g Suppositories are used to help treat constipation in infants. The stimulant laxatives trigger the nerves of the lower intestines which helps increase the gut motility. This then provides rapid relief from constipation. Suitable to use for acute and temporary relief.
You Must Be Aged Over 18 Years to Purchase This Product.
- Always use this medicine exactly as described in the leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Wash hands before opening individual packaging. If the suppository is too soft, it may be chilled in the refrigerator or under cold running water before unwrapping.
- To remove a suppository tear one from the strip along the perforations then peel it from the plastic wrapping by grasping the two halves if the wrapping at the t ip of the suppository and pulling them gently apart. The tip should be moistened with a little cold water to aid insertion.
- Lie your child on their side and draw their knees up towards their chest.
- Using your index finger or middle finger, whichever you find easier, gently push the suppository into the rectum. The suppository is shaped for rectal insertion, ensure the tip of the suppository is inserted first.
- The Suppository should be inserted as far as possible, pushing the end of the suppository sideways to ensure contact with the wall of the bowel.
- Lower their legs to a comfortable position to help hold the suppository in place
- The suppository should be in place for at least 15-20 minutes if possible. If your child feels the suppository must come out immediately, it has been inserted high enough.
- Your child may feel an immediate urge to go to the toilet. Encourage them to try to ignore this as the suppository will not work for at least 15 minutes.