- Side Effects
- Product Reviews
The active ingredients in Ferrograd Folic are: Dried Ferrous Sulphate and Folic Acid.
Ferrograd Folic is a combined iron and folic acid supplement. Ferrous sulfate provides the iron needed by the body to produce red blood cells. This product is safe to take in pregnancy. and contains folic acid needed for neural tube development in pregnancy.
Product Size: 30 Pack
How to Use
- One tablet to be taken daily.
- Take this medicine before meals on an empty stomach if possible. If Ferrograd Folic Tablets upsets your stomach, take it with or after food.
- Some foods such as tea, eggs and milk may reduce the amount of iron absorbed by the body. Check with the doctor or pharmacist about which foods to avoid.
- Ferrograd Tablets may make your stools darker than usual. This is a normal effect of medicines containing iron.
- If your symptoms have not started to improve after 28 days, you should ask your doctor for advice.
Treatment should not normally carry on for more than 3 months after the iron deficiency has been corrected. Your doctor will advise you when to stop.
Do not take this medicine if you have:
- An allergy to any of the ingredients listed.
- Other problems with iron in the blood (including conditions that lead to iron building up in soft tissues, or problems with red blood cells).
- A stomach ulcer or other stomach or bowel problem.
- Inflammatory bowel disease including ulcerative colitis or regional enteritis.
- Had repeated blood transfusions in the past.
- Anaemia not related to low levels of iron before or are currently having iron injections.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before you take Ferrograd Folic Tablets.
- Allergic reactions which cause difficulty in breathing, fever, swelling of the mouth, lips orskin, severe rashes, itching or stomach pain.
- Other possible side effects:
- Loss of appetite.
- Feeling sick.
- Stomach discomfort.
- Darkening of the stools.
The active ingredient per capsule is: 325Mg Dried Ferrous Sulphate (equivalent to 105mg of elemental iron) and 0.35mg of Folic Acid.