- Side Effects
- Product Reviews
Daktarin Cream Miconazole Nitrate 2% gives you an external treatment for fungal infections. It contains the active ingredient Miconazole and can be used for treating skin infections caused by fungi.
- Hands and feet
- Outer ear
How it works
Daktarin cream works by externally destroying fungi which cause infection. The effects may be seen within 10 days of use.
For lasting results, do not stop using the cream before the end of 10 days.
How to use Daktarin Cream Miconazole Nitrate 2%:
Using the cream:
- Each tube of Daktarin cream is sealed. You will need to use the cap to pierce the seal
- Rub the cream gently into the affected area and surrounding skin with clean fingers
- Do not put Daktarin cream into or near the eyes - it is for use on the skin and nails only
- Do not swallow the cream
For skin infections:
- Use the cream twice a day - once in the morning and again at night
- Unless the affected skin is on your hands, wash your hands with soap and water after using the cream. Washing your hands after using the cream will stop you spreading the infection to other parts of your body or to other people
- Do not allow other people to use your flannel or towel. This will stop them from getting your infection
- Clothing that touches infected skin should be washed and changed often. Daktarin cream is non-greasy and should not stain clothes
When to stop using Daktarin cream:
- Keep using the cream for 7 days after all signs of infection have gone away. This will stop the infection from coming back.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Please tell your doctor before using Daktarin cream if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or might become pregnant. You may still be able to use Daktarin cream if your doctor thinks you need to. Talk to your doctor before using this medicine if you are breast-feeding.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Side Effects with Daktarin Cream Miconazole Nitrate 2%:
Like all medicines, Daktarin cream can cause side effects, however, it is very rare.
It may cause local irritation and burning.
Stop using Daktarin cream and tell your doctor straight away if you notice the above.
Daktarin Cream Miconazole Nitrate 2% contains:
Miconazole nitrate 2 % w/w
0.2% w/w benzoic acid (E210)
0.005% w/w butylated hydroxyanisole (E320)