- Product Reviews
Clonfolic contains folic acid which is a member of the vitamin B group. Like all vitamins, it cannot be made by the body, so it needs to be taken in a supplement and/or food form.
- Reduce the risk of having a baby with Spina Bifida
- Available Pack Sizes: 28 Tablets and 98 Tablets
- Start taking folic acid (Clonfolic) at least 14 weeks prior to conceiving.
- Healthy diet and moderate exercise is important
- Take alcohol, caffeine and fatty foods in moderation
- Try to relax and stay stress free
- The most important thing is not to panic; it normally takes time to conceive
- Once you are pregnant, continue to take folic acid (Clonfolic) for the first 12 weeks or your pregnancy
- Visit your medical professional to find out all about planning a pregnancy.
WarningsTalk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Clonfolic 0.4 mg Tablets:
- If you are under therapy for a folate-dependent tumour
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to folic acid or any of the other ingredients. Signs of an allergic reaction include a rash, itching or shortness of breath.
- If you have a deficiency of vitamin B12 possibly caused by pernicious anaemia or a vegetarian diet.
Like all medicines, Clonfolic 0.4 mg Tablets can cause side effects although not everybody gets them.
If you have an allergic reaction to Clonfolic 0.4 mg Tablets see a doctor straight away
An allergic reaction may incl ude:
- Any kind of skin rash, flaking skin, boils or sore lips and mouth
- Sudden wheezing, fluttering or tightness of the chest or collapse.
Note: There are no known side effects of taking folic acid in women of child bearing age.
Active Ingredient: Folic Acid 0.4mg