- Product Reviews
Canesten Pessary Clotrimazole 500mg is a soft pessary that treats thrush symptoms in a single dose. It contains the active ingredient Clotrimazole.
Canesten Soft Pessary gives you effective treatment for internal thrush yeast infections. It works right at the site of infection and provides treatment in a single dose.
The external cream can be used for external thrush symptoms.
It is not recommended for use for children under 16.
- Canesten Soft Pessaries should be inserted at night. Using the applicator provided, the soft pessary should be inserted as high as possible into the vagina.
- This is easiest when lying back with legs bent up.
- The cream can be applied two to three times daily.
- A second treatment may be carried out if necessary.
- Canesten Soft Pessaries should not be used during your period. This may cause the pessary to wash out during the menstrual flow.
- The treatment should be finished before the start of your period.
- Do not use tampons, intravaginal douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products while using Canesten pessaries.
- Vaginal intercourse should be avoided to prevent vaginal infection from spreading.
- This product should not be used for children under 16 years.
Possible side effects of Canesten Pessary 500mg:
Vaginal irritation and Burning sensation.
The Canesten Pessary contains:
Clotrimazole 500mg. It also contains lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, lactic acid, maize starch, crospovidone, calcium lactate pentahydrate, magnesium stearate, colloidal anhyrous silica and hypromellose.
External cream is 2% clotrimazole