- Product Reviews
Canesten is Ireland's most trusted brand to treat thrush. The single use Canesten Pessary contains 500mg Clotrimazole, an anti-fungal and treats the cause of infection in thrush. The pessary is use internally to fight the infection at the site of infection in the vagina.
- Convenient, single dose treatment
- Irritating thrush symptoms should start to resolve after about two days
- Can be used alongside Canesten Thrush Cream to treat internal and external symptoms of thrush.
What Are the Main Symptoms of Vaginal Thrush?
- Unusual discharge
- Burning sensation
Thrush has no odour, as it does not usually change the pH level.
Thrush is not an STI and is a very common condition for women, with around 75% of women geteting thrush at some time in their lives. The good news is thrush is easily treated at home and symptoms start to ease after the first use.
If you also have external symptoms such as itching or burning sensations, then a combination treatment such as Canesten Thrush Combi will be more suitable.
You Must Be Aged Over 18 Years to Purchase This Product
The applicator should be used to insert the pessary as high as possible into the vagina, preferably before going to sleep at night for convenient and comfortable treatment.
Wash your hands before removing the foil from the blister pack and again afterwards when you have used the applicator.
1. Remove the applicator from the packaging. Pull out the plunger A until it stops. Remove the pessary from the foil blister pack and place firmly into the applicator B.
2. To fit the pessary into the applicator, the holder of the applicator needs to be squeezed lightly at both sides. The pessary fits tightly into the applicator and needs to be squeezed into the holder to about 1cm.
3. Carefully put the applicator as deep as is comfortable into the vagina (this is easiest when lying on your back with your knees bent up). Holding the applicator in place, slowly press the plunger until it stops so that the pessary is deposited into the vagina.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding speak to your doctor before purchasing or using this product.
- Canesten Soft Pessaries should not be used during your period. This may cause the pessary to wash out during the menstrual flow.
- The treatment should be finished before the start of your period.
- Do not use tampons, intravaginal douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products while using Canesten pessaries.
- Vaginal intercourse should be avoided to prevent vaginal infection from spreading.
- This product should not be used for children under 16 years.
Possible side effects of Canesten Pessary 500mg:
Vaginal irritation and Burning sensation.
The Canesten Pessary contains:
The pessary contains Clotrimazole 500mg. It also contains lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, lactic acid, maize starch, crospovidone, calcium lactate pentahydrate, magnesium stearate, colloidal anjydrous silica and hypromellose.