- Product Description
- Side Effects:
- Product Reviews
What are Artelac Eye Drops used for?
Artelac drops contain the active ingredient hypromellose which acts as a lubricant to treat symptoms of dry eye. It is a soothing solution that is used as an artificial tear when the eyes are lacking in tears. Your eyes will normally produce just enough natural tears to allow them to move easily and comfortably.
If your eyes do not produce enough tears they can become dry, red and painful. Your drops keep the surface of the eye lubricated (moist) when production of tears is less than normal, and has a refreshing, cooling action.
Artelac can be used by children, adults and the elderly
- Therapy of dry eye syndrome requires an individual dosage regimen.
- Wearers of contact lenses should remove their lenses before Artelac is an administered and should wait at least 15 minutes before they insert them again.
- Artelac ion installation may cause a short term blurring of vision when first used.
- If affected, wait until vision has cleared before driving or operating machinery.
Always use your solution exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you to. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. This medicine is only to be used as drops applied into one or both eye(s).
Dosage The usual dose is to apply 1 drop in the corner of the eye, nearest the nose, 3 to 5 times each day or as required to give enough lubrication. Ensure the dropper tip does not touch any surface including the eye surface. Dry eye is a condition that varies from person to person. Use the drops as often as you think necessary.
- Sterile until opened.
- Discard within 28 days if first opening.
- Avoid contamination during use.
- Keep this and all medicines out of reach and sight of children.
There have been no reported side effects from this medicine.
Read patient information leaflet for use.
- The active ingredient is: hypromellose 3.2 mg/ml (0.32 % w/v).
- The other ingredients are: cetrimide, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, disodium edetate, sorbitol and water for injections. The preservative in your eye drops is cetrimide, which means that Artelac can be used if your eyes are sensitive to other preservatives such as benzalkonium chloride.
Fast delivery; will definitely purchase from here again
Very useful product to have. Excellent service by Online Pharmacy. Thank you! ??