Salatac Wart & Verruca Gel - 8g
Salatac Gel successfully treats warts, verrucas, corns and calluses. It contains two active ingredients; salicylic and lactic acid, which softens the affected area for an easy removal with a pumice stone. It also contains camphor, pyroxylin, ethanol and ethyl which also help to defeat the virus and reduce swelling, so you can get on with your day without any discomfort.
Product Size: 8g
How to use:
You should apply Salatac Gel to your wart, verruca, corn or callus, once every day, usually in the evening. Repeat the following daily treatment routine until your wart, verruca, corn or callus has disappeared.
1. Soak the affected area in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Dry the area thoroughly with your own towel (to avoid cross-infection).
3. Remove the cap, leaving the white nozzle attached to the tube. Carefully apply a thin coating (one or two drops) of the gel to the top of the wart, verruca, corn or callus, and allow it to dry for a few minutes to form a small white patch which sticks to the skin and is water-resistant. There is no need to cover it with a sticking plaster. Take care to avoid the gel spreading onto surrounding healthy skin, as this may cause inflammation. Do not apply excessively. Always replace the cap firmly after use. Do not fold the tube during use
4. Every evening for the next week, carefully peel or pick off the white patch of dried gel from the wart, verruca, corn or callus. Apply fresh gel by repeating steps 1 to 3. Occasionally, if removal of the white patch proves difficult, carefully re-apply the gel directly over it and allow to dry. This should help thicken the white patch to assist removal. If necessary, such re-application may be made on 2 or 3 successive days.
5. Once every week, before applying fresh gel, gently rub the wart, verruca, corn or callus with the emery board provided, or with a pumice stone. In the case of a wart or verruca, whatever you use, remember not to let anyone else use it, or they could get a wart or verruca as well.
6. The length of treatment will vary according to the resistance and size of the wart, verruca, corn or callus. Some may be resolved in a relatively short time but successful treatment of certain warts and verrucas can sometimes take up to 12 weeks, so you must continue and not give up until the wart, verruca, corn or callus has disappeared (unless irritation occurs).
7. At the end of treatment, if the white patch is difficult to remove, it may be allowed to remain on the skin until it sheds.
DO NOT use on birthmarks, moles, warts with hairs growing from them, or any other spots. If in doubt as to whether you have a wart, verruca, corn or callus, consult your doctor before treatment.
DO NOT use if you are diabetic or suffer from poor blood circulation to your hands or feet.
DO NOT use if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients of Salatac Gel (as listed on the left).
DO NOT use on broken skin.
For your safety:
This gel is for application to the skin only. Keep it away from your eyes, nose and mouth, and from cuts and grazes.
Take care not to apply Salatac Gel to surrounding normal skin, especially in the case of children’s delicate skin. If accidental spreading occurs, immediately remove surplus gel with a tissue.
If the gel is accidentally swallowed, or if it gets into the eyes, contact a doctor or a hospital straight away.How to store Salatac Gel
Salatac Gel is very flammable. Do not store above 25°C. Keep well away from flames, and where children cannot see or reach it. Always keep the nozzle cap firmly closed when the gel is not being used. This product should not be used after the expiry date shown on the fold of the tube and on the unit carton.
While Salatac Gel is working, you may feel a slight tingling sensation and/or some mild tenderness. In rare cases, this may appear as a temporary blemish on the skin. If you experience undue pain or irritation, stop the treatment and ask your doctor for advice. If you accidentally apply Salatac Gel to normal skin, wipe it off straight away with a tissue, and, if necessary, wash the area. There should be no other ill-effects when using Salatac Gel, but if you are in any doubt about your treatment you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Salicylic Acid 12.0% w/w; Lactic Acid 4.0% w/w