- Side Effects
- Product Reviews
Piriton Allergy Tablets are antihistamine tablets which contains the active ingredient Chlorphenamine that can be used to treat the symptoms of hay fever and other allergies. Piriton Allergy Tablets also relieve the itchy skin rash of chickenpox. They are suitable for adults and children aged 6 years and over.
Product Size: 30 tablets
Effective allergy treatment
These tablets are effective for:
- Dust mites and mould spore allergies
- Nettle rashes and hives
- Skin allergies and dermatitis
- Prickly heat and heat rash
- Allergic reactions to certain foods or food additives
- Medicine reactions
- Insect bites and stings
- Itching caused by chickenpox
How to Use
Adults and children aged over 12 years: Take one tablet every 4 to 6 hours.
- Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
- Children aged 6 to 12 years: Give 1/2 tablet every 4 to 6 hours.
- Do not give more than 6 half tablets in 24 hours.
- Children under 6 years of age: Not recommended.
Do not take these tablets if you:
- Are allergic to antihistamines or to any of the ingredients listed above.
- Have taken drugs for depression called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) within the last 14 days.
Pregnancy and breast feeding:
- Medicines should not be used during pregnancy, or breast feeding, without seeking advice from a doctor.
Driving and using machines
- These tablets may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision and loss of co-ordination. If you experience any of these effects do not drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of the tablets:
- This medicine contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking.
May cause drowziness.
4mg Chlorphenamine maleate
lactose monohydrate 94.5mg
Pregelatinised maize starch
Yellow iron oxide (E172)