- Side Effects
- Product Reviews
An easy, low maintenance solution to help you quit - just stick it on and the patch delivers a controlled dose of nicotine to help tackle cravings for 24 hours.
Niquitin Clear Step 1 (21mg) is ideal for tackling nicotine dependence without thinking about it too much. Once applied, the nicotine is gradually released into your system throughout the day, helping you reduce your withdrawal symptoms, and get used to your new smoke-free lifestyle.
- Contains 21 mg Nicotine
- Available Product Size: 7 Patches or 14 Patches
How to Use
- Adult smokers 18 years and over: more than 10 cigarettes a day, start with Step 1 for 6 weeks, then continue with Step 2 for 2 weeks, then finish with Step 3 for 2 weeks.
- 10 cigarettes or less, start with Step 2 for 6 weeks, then finish with step 3 for 2 weeks. Not to be used for more than 10 consecutive weeks.
Following the step-down programme in this way will let you gradually wean yourself off nicotine so you can quit for good.
- Apply patch to clean skin site once a day, preferably on waking.
- Remove patch after 24 hours and apply new patch to fresh skin site.
- Only one patch to be worn at a time.
- If you are pregnant, talk to your doctor for advice before using this product.
- Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Do not exceed stated dose.
- 12 to 18 years of age: use only on medical advice.
- Under 12 years: not to be used.
Regardless of the means used, a variety of symptoms are known to be associated with quitting habitual tobacco use. These include emotional or cognitive effects such as dysphoria or depressed mood; insomnia; irritability, frustration or anger; anxiety; difficulty concentrating, and restlessness or impatience. There may also be physical effects such as decreased heart rate; increased appetite or weight gain, dizziness or presyncopal symptoms, cough, constipation.
Some users experience a local reaction to the patch itself. This is usually caused by the adhesive and will subside when the patch is removed.
Each 22.5 cm2 transdermal patch contains 114 mg nicotine and delivers 21 mg over 24 hours.Drug Reservoir:
Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Copolymer
Polyethylene/Aluminium/Polyethylene Terephthalate/Ethylene vinyl acetate
Rate Controlling Memebrane:
Contact Adhesive and Protective Layer:
Polyisobutylene Adhesive Laminate
FGN-7214 NT20 Brown 465 (Ink)